One of the things that make HealthKit unique is when you create an appointment, everything else is created for you: invoices, reminders, clinical notes, and more.
Having everything automatically created saves you a lot of time and it means you don't need to worry about time-consuming administration tasks ever again.
Another thing that is unique about HealthKit, is that you can customise the software and use it the way you need it - and this is what the new Appointment Types feature is all about!
The Appointment Types feature may be useful for some practitioners. It's not something everyone would use at their practice, but it's now available in your HealthKit if you need it.
Find out how your practice can benefit from using Appointment Types if any of the scenarios below apply to it:
1. You need placeholder appointments
There are a few reasons why you'd need a placeholder appointment:
- You may not know the fee amount until after the appointment, so instead of adding a fee as soon as you create the appointment, you can select an Appointment Type to indicate the type of service you will be offering during the appointment, and add the fee amount later.
- The person booking your appointments may not know your appointment preferences for a particular date/time - so you can set placeholder appointments with an appointment type such as "Initial Consultation", if you decide to only do initial consultations on Monday mornings, for example.
2. You schedule future-dated appointments but don't want to raise invoices yet
You may not know the fee you'll be charging or your team may not want to raise the invoices when the appointments are created - so an Appointment Type such as "Follow up Consultation" can be used instead.By using an Appointment Type, you won't need to add a fee until your practice is ready to raise the invoice.
3. You'd like to set a maximum number of patients per appointment and better manage group appointments
You can reserve a timeslot in your calendar without having to add a patient or fee to it by adding an Appointment Type. For example, if you'd like to reserve your Saturday morning for a Pilates group session, you can create an Appointment Type for it and even select the number of spots available at that time.Coming soon: You will very soon be able to allow patients to fill those spots when they book online!
Creating Appointment Types
To create new Appointment Types simply follow the steps below:
1. Go to Profile > Settings;2. Under Appointment Settings, click on the pencil icon next to Appointment Types;
3. Then select Enabled to enable the function; and
4. Click Add a new Appointment Type to create a new one;
5. Fill the details of your new Appointment Type and save.
Adding Appointment Types to a new appointment
Now that you have created the Appointment Types you may need, simply click on the preferred appointment time in your calendar and select the desired Appointment Type for that timeslot.
You don't need to add patient and/or fee details at this stage, as you can add them later.
Stay tuned, we'll be sharing more about our latest features on next week's email and social media channels.